Aim: To engage with and support the Local Community
How: To work with Local Schools and Education Establishments in areas of synergy with our business of electricity generation. To be flexible in supporting local community projects.
- A School Liasion Officer was appointed in October 2007
- Supporting local schools in classroom projects such as Lego Mindstorm
- Tours of site by Educational Establishments and Community groups
- Work Experience for local students
- Supporting Environmental and Energy Saving building projects in schools and the community
- Donations to local community projects or individuals participating in sport or charity events
- Supporting children and young people in energy and environmental education in the classroom or on site
A list of Community work can be provided on request.
The School Liaison Officer can be contacted through Marchwood Power. click here.