Marchwood Power Limited (The Company) recognises that certain aspects of our day-to-day activities have the potential to cause a detrimental impact on the environment and we aim, where practicable, to eliminate or reduce the effects of these activities. The Company’s arrangements for management of environmental effects and risks include:
- Giving high priority to protecting the environment by preventing pollution and minimising emissions to air, water and land.
- Maintaining a documented environmental management system, that is accessible to all of the team, with clearly defined individual and team member responsibilities and accountabilities.
- Complying with ISO 14001 (2015) standard and implement best practice and continuous improvement processes.
- Complying with both the letter and spirit of applicable legislation and codes of practice, and actively engaging and co-operating with regulators.
- Reducing or optimising the consumption of raw materials.
- Assessing the potential effects of climate changing emissions including, where practicable, seeking opportunities to reduce or mitigate the impacts.
- Monitoring, assessing and reporting on both environmental performance and the associated impacts of our activities.
- Striving to continuously improve our environmental performance by setting robust and relevant business objectives and targets.
- Encouraging contractors and suppliers to consider their environmental performance and manage their environmental impacts appropriately
- Seeking to recycle as much business generated waste as possible.
- Providing training and supervision to our employees and others working on our site, so that they can meet the requirements of this Policy.
The Company led by the Management Team will take all appropriate steps to implement this Policy by making resources available to ensure it is understood, maintained, audited and updated as necessary.
This notice was last updated on 1st December 2021