Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Policy
Marchwood Power Limited (The Company) is committed to encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion among our workforce, eliminating unlawful discrimination and ensuring our business is a great place to work for all.
Our aim is for every individual who works with, or for the company, to always feel respected and be able to give their best.
The policy’s purpose is to:
- Ensure equality, fairness and respect for all in our employment, whether temporary, part-time or full-time and during any recruitment exercise.
- Not unlawfully discriminate against protected characteristics of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race (including colour, nationality, and ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
- Oppose and avoid all forms of unlawful discrimination.
The organisation commits to:
- Ensuring equality, diversity and inclusion in the workplace as they are good practice, make business sense and are the right thing to do.
- A working environment free of bullying, harassment, victimisation and discrimination, promoting dignity and respect for all, and where individual differences and the contributions of all staff are recognised and valued.
- Ensuring all team members understand their personal responsibilities and comply with this policy.
- Take seriously complaints of bullying, harassment, victimisation and unlawful discrimination by fellow employees, suppliers, visitors, the public and any others in the course of the organisation’s work activities.
- Make opportunities for training, development and progress available to all staff, who will be helped and encouraged to develop their full potential, so their talents and resources can be fully utilised to maximise the efficiency of the organisation.
- Review employment practices and procedures when necessary to ensure fairness and also update them and the policy to take account of changes in the law.
The Company led by the Management Team will take all appropriate steps to implement this Policy by making resources available to ensure it is understood, maintained, reviewed, and updated as necessary.
This notice was last updated on 25th March 2021