Health & Safety Policy
Marchwood Power Limited (The Company) recognises that the prevention of injury and ill health to its employees and of others affected by its operations, as well as the provision of appropriate welfare facilities, are integral to the Company’s business performance. The Company is committed to eliminating hazards wherever possible and to reducing risk to as low as is reasonably practicable. The Company’s arrangements for the management of Health and Safety include:
- Giving health and safety top priority by ensuring that everything we do, no matter how urgent or important, must manage the risk of harm.
- Maintaining a documented health and safety management system, with clearly defined responsibilities and accountabilities.
- Complying with both the letter and spirit of all applicable legislation and codes of practice.
- Complying with and maintaining independent Certification to ISO 45001 and implementing best practice and continuous improvement processes.
- Systematically identifying health and safety hazards arising from current and proposed activities, under normal and abnormal conditions, and assessing and managing the associated risks.
- Identifying, managing and controlling process safety risks.
- Striving to continually improve health and safety performance by setting robust objectives and investing in plant, people and processes.
- Developing and communicating leading and lagging health and safety performance targets and providing regular feedback and performance data for each one.
- Providing a safe and healthy working environment promoting wellbeing and mindfulness for all employees, contractors and visitors.
- Consulting with employees and representatives at the safety committee.
- Responding to concerns, raised internally or externally, regarding health and safety performance and ensuring appropriate action is taken.
- Identifying and providing health and safety training and supervision as necessary.
- Ensuring that contractors who work with and for the Company are competent and have comparable standards of care for health and safety as the Company.
- Developing proactive health and safety behaviours through behavioural safety observations and positive reinforcement.
- Requiring all employees and contractors to comply with this policy.
The Company led by the Management Team will take all appropriate steps to implement this Policy by making resources available to ensure it is understood, maintained, reviewed, and updated as necessary.
This notice was last updated on 1st December 2021