Health & Safety Policy
Marchwood Power Limited (The Company) recognises that the prevention of injury and ill health to its employees and of others affected by its operations, as well as the provision of appropriate welfare facilities, are integral to the Company’s business performance. The Company is committed to eliminating hazards wherever possible and to reducing the remaining risk to as low as is reasonably practicable. The Company’s arrangements for the management of Health and Safety include:
- Giving health and safety top priority by ensuring that everything we do, no matter how urgent or important, must manage the risk of harm.
- Maintaining a documented health and safety management system, with clearly defined responsibilities and accountabilities.
- Complying with OHSAS 18001 standard and implementing best practice and continuous improvement processes.
- Providing a safe and healthy working environment, suitable for all employees, contractors and visitors.
- Complying with both the letter and spirit of all applicable legislation and codes of practice, and the health and safety requirements of others.
- Consulting with its employees and representatives at the safety committee and requiring them to work safely and with due consideration for the health and safety of others.
- Identifying and providing health and safety training and supervision as necessary
- Systematically identifying health and safety hazards arising from current and proposed activities, under normal and abnormal conditions, and assessing and managing the associated risks.
- Striving to continually improve health and safety performance by setting robust objectives and investing in plant, people and processes.
- Ensuring that contractors who work with and for the Company are competent and have comparable standards of care for health and safety as the Company.
- Responding to concerns, raised internally or externally, regarding health and safety performance.
- Developing proactive health and safety behaviours using the principles of the Bradley Curve to promote a culture where people follow rules and procedures because they want to.
The Company led by the Management Team will take all appropriate steps to implement this Policy by making resources available to ensure it is understood, maintained, audited, and updated as necessary.
This notice was last updated on 16th August 2018